But I’ve noticed that A LOT of the cartoons/pictures depicting people with chronic pain and/or illness are NOT representative of people of color or males.
Most of the pictures are non-ethnic presumably White women, I recognize that there are a lot of White women with chronic pain and/or illness but for those of us who are not a part of that demographic it may leave us thinking that maybe we are one of the only PoC or males with chronic pain or illness.
Just a thought - what are your thoughts?
- daleksdontcry answered: Axis of “Access To Medical Care” “Wealthy enough for diagnosis” and “time to art online” I’d make some but they’d all be stick figures
- daleksdontcry likes this
- pierced-thoughts answered: This is very true. I agree. I am not darkskin but half Black & it bothers me sometimes.
- viaggiatoressa answered: We’ll…maybe White women are the ones proliferating on these sites? IBD & AID see no colour or gender…
- hapfairy reblogged this from lifewithautoimmune and added:
- lifewithautoimmune reblogged this from lovelyday2bme
- secretsofthedisabled likes this
- lovelyday2bme posted this